Friday, October 28, 2011

Bloggers' Quilt Festival! I'm In!!

Amy'sCreativeSide

I'm joining in on the Bloggers' Quilt Festival, organized by Amy's Creative Side. Thanks so much, Amy, for hosting this event!

I'm excited to be part of this, and if you haven't heard about it, or would like to join in, just click on that button, and you can find out all about it!

My entry is a quilt that I made, as a participant in the Hands to Help project. This was a group of quilters who swapped fabrics and then made quilts for the Green Fairy Quilt Ministry. Judi and Clint take a trip each year to Romania, and distribute quilts and school supplies there.

These are the fabrics that my partner sent to me:



And here is my quilt; I named it Stars over Romania:


Here is how I put it together and tried out different colors for the lattice.... I tried bright red, then a nice dark teal, like in some of the blocks, and then I settled on the brown. It was just a few clicks of the mouse to make the changes and audition the colors on Ole Frog Eyes!

I love pieced backs, so this is what I put together for the back of this quilt:



Thanks for stopping by -- I hope you enjoyed this stop on the Festival tour, and I hope that you'll join us and show off one of your quilts, too!

Love,

26 comments:

  1. I have loved this quilt since I first saw it, Just great fabrics and lovely choice of pattern. So glad you joined in and shared this with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt you made! So nice to be able to contribute to the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty quilt. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely quilt, a very generous donation.
    Come see my entries: #29 miniature reproduction and #31 antique 1850 star quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those of you that participated in this made some amazing quilts! Those children are so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt. The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is beautiful!!! I'm so happy you have been showing off lots of your work lately! I just love everything you make!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so pretty ! you did a FABULOUS job ! thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this quilt from the first moment I saw it! You did a beautiful job with the fabrics you were sent!! And you have no idea how much your participation in the Hands2Help challenge is appreciated! Hope to see you next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is one of my favorite blocks. The quilt will be loved, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous quilt! Love those fabrics and the star block you've used is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really fantastic quilt! I adore that block too - always looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful quilt and a wonderful cause!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great quilt with a great cause... Perfect one to share for the Quilt Festival! Love seeing all the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was a great choice of design to use these fabrics. Always love stars. You quilt looks great and what a wonderful way to support this cause.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love quilts with stars on them. I think I need to make one in my near future. Great job - and it is especially rewarding when you get to give something to someone in need. That is one of the things I like best about quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay, its so exciting to see lots of H2H quilts here at the festival! I enjoy seeing you share your other projects also.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice and love abrics and colors. Great dasign. Thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the scrappy look of your quilt. Also enjoyed seeing the pieced backing. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely quilt, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)