Saturday, December 23, 2017

Table "topper" (and placemats, too!)

Just as promised, here are some pictures of what I was working on when I had that epiphany about the labels. (Grin)

I've seen this idea before, but have no pattern.....just developed it on the run. Flew by the seat of my pants, you might say.

Padsworth and DragonDrop helped with the clipart we found...


I wanted this to be useful for winter, not just for Christmas, hence the mitten theme!


Found the snowflake clipart free on the interwebs (don'tcha love technology?), fused it, and carefully cut it out with my teeny, pointy, embroidery scissors. Then of course, I wondered why my hands were aching. (Grin)

Here's a photo when I had it sandwiched for quilting:


You can see that on a larger (square) table, there will be the snowflake in the center, and the mittens will be placemats for each person.


Some of you peeps will be smartypants and notice that I used the same fabric for the backgrounds -- on the center you see the right side, and on the mitten blocks you see the reverse!


The mittens all have the same red print for the cuffs, and the calico stars, too.




Simple zigzag this time - I hoped it would make the mittens look "fuzzy" and warm!



LOVE the way the snowflake turned out! Just straight stitch applique....

Used my fav thread from Aurifil:



From this thread collection (by the way, this has been awesome; the colors lend themselves to so many different projects. If you want a "jack of all trades" thread set, this is your set!):


Here's a photo of the finished present! Don't worry, the recipient never looks here at the Lilypad!!



And yes, I labeled it!

Love,


4 comments:

  1. Total #CreativeGoodness. Love your design and fabrics. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Very Happy Christmas, to you and yours, and the snowflake, totally gorgeous. This is wonderful, and you should be so happy with the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute table topper/placemat quilt. I love its uniqueness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great design for your place mats and I love that it is themed for use during winter rather than just at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I am so happy to hear from you! I try to respond to all comments, but lately blogger has made that difficult! If you do not receive a reply, it may be because your profile is set on "no-reply". Edit your profile, and click "show my email address" and we'll be able to talk!
Please do not leave links to un-related blogs or products. That is not good etiquette and they will be deleted! :)